The Christmas video of the Hungarian State Opera is ready, following in the footsteps of the very different, but equally well-attended, advent opera recordings of recent years.
This time, the sound is dominated by the Opera’s Children’s Choir conducted by Nikolett Hajzer, and the pictures also feature many students of the institution’s Ballet Institute, in a coreography taught by Radina Dace.
The Nutcracker’s Christmas salon is mainly dedicated to the little ones who are the children of the institution’s employees and whose layette has been supported by the Opera with a seven-figure sum over the past 2 years.
Of the 74 newborns, the good-grown ones came to the shoot, which was organized by Zsombor Czeglédi. With them, the Christmas bustle is complete on the stage of the Opera House, and the music is a Ukrainian festive chant: this angelic music appears in several films—for example, in Home Alone, in John Williams’ arrangement—and the Opera’s video also features Hungarian lyrics.
- Singing: Hungarian State Opera House Children’s Choir
- Dance: Hungarian National Ballet Institute
- Concept: Szilveszter Ókovács, Zsombor Czeglédi
- Music: Ukrainian New Year chant (arrangement: Jim Patterson)
- Lyrics: Peter Wilhousky (translation: Szilveszter Ókovács)
- Choir master, conductor, orchestrator: Nikolett Hajzer
- Ballet elements: Radina Dace
- Sound engineer: Tamás Horváth
- Cameraman: Krisztián Varga, Gyula Németh
- Director, DOP, editor: Zsombor Czeglédi